Friday, May 2, 2008

Disributed Learning 2.0

Hi everyone,

The times they are a changing! If your interest is in the future of education, I don't have to outline it for you - the manufacturing of content is redundant - and like artists for the last hundred years, those of us who like to create content just need to get used to that redundancy and carve our niche somewhere else rather than focused on its uniqueness. As Dylan put it (in what was the most exciting period -before this one) that I have experienced in my life.....

Admit that around you the waters
Have grown and accept it that soon
You'll be drenched to the bone. If your time to you
Is worth saving'
Then you better start swimmin'
Or you'll sink like a stone
For the times they are a changin'.

It is appropriate that I use Dylan for this analogy, because what the 60's taught me and the rest of my generation was the fun and the excitement that can come with both change and helping the world evolve. That then is where I lay my hat in the next evolution of my life as a facilitator of education: How can Learning 2.0 be used to help personal lives, businesses and education, and the community systems of the world evolve?

In future weeks look for discussions on the website I will be starting up where these ideas can be discussed, projects taken on by doctoral students I am mentoring, and my own support of personal growth retreats, permaculture and clowning (as the nonprofit based in the US ReinventingLife.org) gets off the ground.

All the best for now, more soon,
Alana

No comments: